Popular Honeymoon Destinations for Young Couples
Congratulations on your wedding! Now that the wedding day is over, there is one more marriage tradition that you are probably looking forward to.
That’s right – It is time for your honeymoon! There are so many destinations where you can enjoy the first days and nights of your marital life. All you have to do is choose a place that you like best and just relax.
Various couples have different expectations from their honeymoon. Some like to feel the adventure and explore the new cities or old civilizations, while some could not imagine their holiday without white, sandy beaches.
Whatever your preferences are, we are sure that you will find your perfect corner of the Earth to share with the love of your life.
Here are some popular honeymoon destinations for you to consider.
1. St. Lucia – the Caribbean region
If you have always dreamed of visiting the Caribbean, this is the perfect time to go on holiday there. The island of St. Lucia has much to offer to any visitor.
If you find it difficult to pick one honeymoon destination that has it all, seek no more. St. Lucia has lush nature and white sandy beaches with pristine water. But that is not all. If you are a music lover, there are some special treats for you on this island too.
St. Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival attracts visitors from all over the world so if you are a fan, you can enjoy wild summer parties with your better half.
If you crave the adventure, don’t worry – the volcanic plugs named Gros Piton and Petit Piton will leave you breathless. You can take a hike or enjoy the view from a boat. There is a zip line too to take you over the rain forest.
It is no wonder that Hawaii has been one of the top honeymoon destinations for decades now. The most popular honeymoon destinations often have amazing beaches.
Whatever it is that you are searching for at your honeymoon trip, you will find it on one of the Hawaiian six major islands:
- Oahu – nicknamed the Gathering Place; Oahu takes pride in its luxury resorts, beautiful sandy beaches, and lush rain forests. At the same time, Honolulu and Waikiki offer nightlife, historic sites, and museums.
- Maui – the Valley Isle has a number of resorts and golf courses, as well as rich shopping and dining scene. So, even if you are a vegetarian or vegan, you will experience all sorts of new tastes. Of course, Maui has amazing beaches, but that goes without saying. Haleakala National Park is definitely one of the biggest attractions in Hawaii.
- Kauai – the Garden Isle is often rainy but that is why it has wonderful flowers and plant species not often seen anywhere else. Waimea Canyon is the place to go to get the best views of the island.
- Big Island – the place where you can experience all of the four seasons at the same time. It is a paradise for volcano lovers who can see the lava flow and visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Snow-covered mountain, rain forests, barren desert, black and green sand beaches – you name it, the Big Island has it.
- Lanai – the small island is not so attractive for those seeking adventure, but it is one of the best honeymoon destinations for the newlyweds who just want to unwind and enjoy each other’s company at one of the beaches.
- Molokai – the Friendly Isle offers the least renting options and not so many activities except for the beaches, sea and valley hikes, so you probably won’t need an extensive packing checklist.
3. Tahiti – one of the most affordable popular honeymoon destinations
Tahiti is also known as French Polynesia. Over half of Tahiti visitors are young, honeymoon couples. Tahiti comprises 118 islands and 20 out of those are attractive to tourists.
Honeymooners often choose over-water bungalows to enjoy the tranquillity of the place. Aquamarine waters will make you never want to leave.
Even though the Tahiti signature cottages and turquoise coloured, chest-deep water might seem out of your price range, you will be surprised to find that the tourism service here is reasonably priced.
The hotel employees are very friendly and always at your service. That is what makes Tahiti one of the most popular honeymoon destinations and heaven on Earth at the same time.
4. Europe tour for an active honeymoon
Honeymooners who would like their first marital trip to be active and informative often opt for Europe tour.
There are travel-friendly apps that can help you organize the trip of your lifetime. France and Italy are the most popular honeymoon destinations in Europe.
Paris is the capital of romance. It has been so for centuries.
The list of romantic things to do in Paris is endless – from dinners in restaurants with a view of Eiffel Tower to walks by the Seine, and from the museums hosting masterpieces of Romantic artists to covered passageways perfect for kissing.
Enjoy candle-lit wine bars and make a selfie with your lover in front of the Montmartre’s I Love You Wall. Newlyweds like visiting the Bordeaux region to taste some amazing wines and see famous vineyards.
A nice bottle of wine could be a perfect souvenir to bring home from your honeymoon and open on your anniversary.
If all those activities are too much to handle on your honeymoon, maybe you can visit a local travel agency to help you choose.
Just like professionals help you pack before moving in to make your move effortless, the tour guides will do their work to make your trip worth remembering.
6. Italy and Cinque Terre
Young couples just adore Italy. There is so much to see in Rome and you can learn a lot about Italian and European history here. The architecture is quite specific and markets are so appealing to the tourists.
If you and your beloved spouse are art lovers, then you must visit Florence. Duomo and Michelangelo’s David are waiting for you.
Staying in Venice will provide you with an unforgettable experience. And after you have visited the big cities, you can rest and enjoy the beauty of old Italian villages when you go and visit Cinque Terre.
Don’t forget to taste Italian wines and olives in every region you visit since they are exquisite.
There are many beautiful places in the World that you can travel to and spend the first days of your marriage.
One thing is for sure – if you are with the person you love, any one of these honeymoon destinations will make it a memorable trip.